Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Flame on.......

Tonight we had Basketball practice...9 kids burning off a lot of steam, and one perplexed dad (me) wondering why these kids wouldn't listen to me about doing drills......Last week, after having my blood pressure rise about 1000% this week I took a step back...and asked myself the following questions...was anybody hurt, or in danger of getting hurt ? Did it seem like they were having a good time ? Was anybody getting left out ? They all seemed to be smiling, and nobody was taking it too seriously, so I just let it run it course......we'll see how it turns out on Friday when they play their next game.

After Practice we went to the "new" burger joint on Queen Anne Avenue called "Flame". For food quality I have to really rate it high- I had a great pulled pork sandwich, fries, and a fantastic Chocolate shake. My son had a cheeseburger which he said was just as good as the kind I make, but a little better because it wasn't quite so charred. He had a great Vanilla shake. For price I thought it was a bit expensive, and as far as service goes, well lets just say they really fell down.

Bjorn was working the counter in a classic black vest and black bow tie - the line cook seemed to be well qualified...the execution of the food was great, but the timing was way off - the fries were done first and cooling by the time the burger and sandwich were done...and then they had forgotten all about the shakes...meanwhile a few more orders were stacking up...they honestly were not slammed - I think there were four parties, but to be in the weeds with just that volume makes me wonder what it would be like if it truly was packed.

We will go back....but we just won't be in a hurry.......

No comments: