Thursday, January 25, 2007

Train Wrecks

Train Wrecks………

I love my mp3 player…it's not an ipod, it's just a little iRiver T-10. I’ve got a bunch of music stored, and I try to download a Canadian sports radio show every day to listen to while I’m riding the bus in to work in the morning, and to NPR on the way home (it has FM radio also). I use it when I’m washing dishes in the evening – my family laughs heartily as I try to sing along – they only get to hear me without the background. It’s like the worst of American Idol auditions. I often feel a bit like Joel in Risky Business, with a wooden spoon for a microphone. My favorite time is when I’m skiing, and I have it plugged into my helmet – busting down the fall line, good tunes…good times.

I have quite the eclectic taste in music. Some might change “eclectic” for bad….. but I love it… the heck with playlists…right now I’ve just got it on total random, which leads to some interesting transition. Here is an example of some of the shuffle orders I’ve recently had:

Shrimp Shack from the “That Thing You Do” soundtrack, into “Photograph” by Def Leopard, and then a reggae cover of “Every Breath You Take” by UB40…as I’m writing this Hannah Montana is in my ears with “If We Were a Movie” I can’t wait for what comes next (Hey –don’t laugh, I like Hannah Montana / Miley Cirus…really!) and the winner is “Life is a Highway” by Rascal Flatts….

My favorite one was “Bop to the Top” from High School Musical, into U2 – Vertigo, and then Roy Orbison “Oh Pretty Woman”….

Like I said - I love my mp3, it really makes me smile !

No comments: